Transponder NEWS Forum - Werbung - 

Zurück   Transponder NEWS Forum > Transponder NEWS PAY-TV > Pay-TV International > Sky Digital

Antwort

Themen-Optionen Ansicht
Alt 17.03.2004, 00:00
Linus Linus ist offline
Einsteiger

Linus befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Standard Digibox able receiving all FTA channels?

Hello,

i plan to buy a used Sky Digibox in order to receive the FTA and FTV channels from Astra2. But are the digiboxes also able to receive FTA channels from other satellites, like 19.2°?
I heard that it is a bit tricky to tune manually to channels, which are not part of Sky. Is it right that there are even channels on Astra2, which are not automatically received by the digibox?

Bye
Linus
Alt 17.03.2004, 06:37
DXStefan DXStefan ist offline
Einsteiger

DXStefan befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Standard

Yes, there are some channels the digibox doesn't receive automatically, even on Astra2. If you want my advice, forget the digibox and get some other cheap fta receiver, it can't be worse than the digibox. The digibox is great when watching Sky Digital channels, but you can forget it, if you want to watch fta channels which are not in the EPG.
Alt 17.03.2004, 08:40
Linus Linus ist offline
Einsteiger

Standard

thanks for your reply. Actually I had the same idea to buy a simple FTA receiver, but i would really like to get the ITVs and CH4/5 and for that i do need a digibox, unfortunately.
So is there any known digibox, which makes it possible to watch channels not in the EPG? I thought about buying an Amstrad drx100. Any comments about this model?

Cheers
Christoph
Alt 17.03.2004, 08:56
Benutzerbild von brenna
brenna brenna ist offline
Einsteiger

brenna befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Linus
thanks for your reply. Actually I had the same idea to buy a simple FTA receiver, but i would really like to get the ITVs and CH4/5 and for that i do need a digibox, unfortunately.
So is there any known digibox, which makes it possible to watch channels not in the EPG? I thought about buying an Amstrad drx100. Any comments about this model?
first ... you need a smardcard for channels like FOUR, FIVE and ITV 1+2. And this card only runs in a SKYdigibox.

Every SKYdigibox can show you the FTA channels. But the way to do this is long
=> SERVICES / OTHER CHANNELS / LIST
Alt 17.03.2004, 12:17
DXStefan DXStefan ist offline
Einsteiger

DXStefan befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Standard

There's a difference between ftv (free to view) channels like Channel4,5 and ITV and fta (free to air) channels. To watch the ftv channels you need a Sky Digibox and a smartcard. These channels are also listed in the Sky Guide with all their epg data.
The fta channels are partly included in the Sky Guide (e.g. Reality TV, Wrestling Channel etc.) but some of them are not and have to be called up as The Real Michael described.
Alt 17.03.2004, 12:57
Linus Linus ist offline
Einsteiger

Standard

I try to find a digibox with an expired Sky card. Otherwise I try to make a subscrition with sky (i currently live in the UK) for one of the standalone channels, like FilmFour, and cancel the subscription as soon as possible. I heard that expired Sky digital cards still work with the FTV channels

Are there any limitations in the possibility of saving fta channels from other satellites. I read that there is only the possibility to save 50 fta channels, which would be not enough concerning the more than 100 channels at 19.2°. Which dish size and brand would you recommend for the Frankfurt area. Is it important to have an expensive brand dish, or can I also us a No-Name product.

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers
Christoph
Alt 17.03.2004, 13:02
Linus Linus ist offline
Einsteiger

Standard

the limitation is meant for the digibox, certainly the FTA receiver have enoughspace to save all available channels.

And by the way, it seems to me that we all have German as our mother tongue. So, feel free to answer me in German.
Alt 20.03.2004, 17:20
Benutzerbild von brenna
brenna brenna ist offline
Einsteiger

brenna befindet sich auf einem aufstrebenden Ast
Standard

Zitat:
Zitat von Linus
it seems to me that we all have German as our mother tongue.
I guess too

Lesezeichen

Themen-Optionen
Ansicht